What to Expect
You’ve made the decision to jump from a perfectly good airplane!
A tandem jump is the simplest way to enjoy the thrill of skydiving!
Start by making a reservation online here.
Your reservation time is your check-in time. Your adventure begins after you watch a short video and sign a legal waiver. Next, a USPA-certified tandem instructor takes you through a brief training session. Then you will board the aircraft and ascend to 13,500 feet! (Many Drop Zones don’t take you to that height, but we do!)
You and your instructor will jump out of the plane harnessed together.
You will fall for almost a minute and reach speeds up to 120 mph. After the parachute opens you will glide through the sky towards the earth for 5-7 minutes! Land back on the ground, and ride that adrenaline high!
If you’re an adrenaline junkie looking for a new way to scratch that itch, or you’re looking for fun and exciting outdoor activities in the Suffolk, VA area, Skydive Suffolk has the answer for you! Call us today for more information on our options and come get the thrill of a lifetime!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Skydive from 13,500 feet with a licensed USPA instructor.
Video and Picture Packages
Pics or It Didn’t Happen
$105 – Handicam: A GoPro that is attached to your instructor’s wrist captures both videos and photos from a “selfie” viewpoint.
$130 – Outside Videographer: A second instructor that jumps with you! Video and pictures are included. This provides a wider angle and more scenic photos.
$210 – Combo: Can’t choose which is right for you? Get both!
Specials and discounts
Promo codes and discounts can’t be combined. Must provide appropriate ID for discounted pricing.
Military, First Responders, and Healthcare Workers: HERO20
Teachers and Students: STUDENT10
Weekday Discount: Weekday30
5-9 people will receive $20 off per person.
10+ people will receive $50 off.
Group rate will be applied at check-in.
Frequently Asked Questions
First Skydive – Tandem FAQ
How old do you have to be to skydive?
Can I eat or drink before my skydive?
Can I wear my glasses or contacts?
Is there a weight limit?
Do you have gift certificates available?
Should I tip my instructor?
How far are you from the Virginia Beach Oceanfront?
What should I wear?
Can I bring my own POV camera (ex: GoPro)?
How long does it take to skydive?
Do you offer refunds?
Do you offer specials or discounts?
What time should I arrive?
What about alcohol or drugs?
Can my friends and family watch me jump?
What altitude will I jump from?
Will I throw up?
I want to jump on my own. How do I do that?
Are you open to the public?
I am jumping with a group of people and we all want photos and video; do we each need to purchase a photo/video package?
Can I bring my pet?
Do I jump with my group?
What if there is bad weather on the day of my skydive?
Preparing for Your First Tandem Skydive
So you’re finally going to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! Or maybe you’re still on the fence. This article will help you navigate and set expectations for your first tandem.
Before you arrive:
1. Eat a good breakfast, arriving at the Dropzone hungry is no fun. Bring snacks and water!
2. Get a good nights sleep
3. What to wear? We do not recommend, short shorts, tank tops or tight clothing. Wear comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes.
4. Check the weather, if you’re unsure if we are still jumping that day, give as a call.
5. Your reservation time is your check in time, not your jump time.
1. Check in with student office, they will have you watch a 15 minute safety video and sign all paperwork.
2. Weigh in, ID check and payment.
3. Manifest will then place you on a load. The hanger TV will show your name and load number.
4. Now you’ll wait until it’s your turn! Enjoy our lawn games, and watching the other parachutists land.
5. 20 minutes before your plane arrives the instructor will come find you to give you another safety briefing and harness you up!
6. NOW CALL! Follow your instructor out to the plane!
The Fun stuff:
1. The airplane will take 15-20 minutes to get to altitude, 13,500 feet!! On the way up your instructor will attach and tighten your harness. Once at altitude the pilot will activate the green jump light.
2. Exit: Your instructor will guide you to the exit.
3. Freefall 60 sec, Don’t forget to open your eyes and smile! Enjoy terminal velocity at 120 mph.
4. After the parachute opens, enjoy the views. At this time your instructor may loosen some of your harness to make it a more comfortable ride for you!
5. When landing, listen to your instructor for direction on when to pull your feet up!
Did you love your first skydive?! Then you’ll love the First Jump Course!! Sign up the day of your tandem jump to receive ground school for just $75! Become a licensed skydiver!
Maybe getting a license isn’t for you but you loved the thrill and want to do it again. Purchase a second tandem at a significant discount which can be used anytime over the next year!
Some Do’s and Dont’s:
1. Do not bring a pet! If you arrive at the Dropzone with an animal you will be rescheduled.
2. Do not arrive with drugs or alcohol in your system.
3. Do not step over or step on any parachutes in the packing area.
4. Do ask questions, we’re here to help.
5. Do have fun, because that’s why you’re here!
6. Do get the pictures and videos, you just did something awesome!